Thursday 3 May 2007

Just a "Little" Accident



Today has been a long day. Nathalie was tired at the start of it so when she fell asleep on the way home from running errands around 4:30 we decided to just transfer her to bed and let her have her nap, albeit late in the day. Daddy put her to bed and we thought nothing of it until.... She woke up around 6pm and came into the living room and said "i think I had a little accident the other time when I was sleeping". We looked at Nathalie and started laughing hysterically. It was all we could do. She was soaking wet! From top to bottom and side to side! Her hair was wet and her white socks were yellow (especially the left as you can see). Not sure how part of the middle of her stayed dry as you can see in the pictures but Shannon wrung out her shirt before it went to laundry. I laughed so hard my eyes watered. It wasn't her fault so no reason to yell at her, what could we do but laugh? Her bed was SOAKED! The pillow acted a bit like a sponge but when I peeled back the wring-out-able sheets AND comforter the plastic mattress cover (thank you to whoever invented that!) had a very large (bigger than Nalie) pee puddle on it too. That was a little gross to cart to the laundry but I was still laughing so hard I barely noticed. I don't know what the last time she had peed today was, but I think it had been a while because that was one BIG accident. For some of our friends, just wait till you have kids!!!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Those will be some funny pictures to show her when she's older! :-)