Saturday 1 January 2011

A New Year....

Well, it's New Years Day. Sure doesn't feel any different. Turned the page on the calendar before going to bed last night. Took down the Christmas Decorations while watching lame NYE music video shows on time delay..... woke up late to sounds of "mooooom, were hungry!". Did anything change? I don't think so.
So, everyone is supposed to make at least one New Years resolution, right? I think this year I'm going to resolve not to make a resolution. How's that grab ya universe??? Huh? I mean, who is actually keeping us accountable to what we say anyways? Ourselves? I can convince myself not to care pretty easily....

I thought of all the things I WISH I could achieve this year.... but I know myself well enough to know right now it ain't gonna happen, so why bother? But, in case you are looking for inspiration on your own resolution, here is my list of things I would resolve to do if I knew for certain they would be accomplished and with little to no extra effort by me:
~not to yell at my kids. ever. (for those of you that have not had the, er, pleasure of meeting me or my kids, this would require the surgical removal of my voicebox)
~to cook a gourmet, healthy, allergy free, kid appealing meal and have it on the dinner table by 5pm 7 days a week. (this would require a small army of personal chefs and a much larger kitchen)
~not to worry about the surgery the Bug is going through for the next 3-6 months. ya. right. I AM a parent afterall.
~to be a better friend. I might actually try to work on that one....
~to watch TV less and sew more
~to get my Snugs website up and running and actually try to prosper at a home business.
~to spend some time ALONE with my HUSBAND.... this would be easier done if we had family or friends to help us, but we are fairly limited in our options =(
~not to complain about the weather or our house. both make me miserable but can't be changed reasonably.
~RELY on GOD MORE and figure things out for MYSELF LESS.

I'm sure that list could be longer, but I've got kids to chase and a house to clean and laundry to do and....
Have good 2011 everyone, whatever it brings. Don't let fear stop you.... you'll regret it later =)

No comments: